Do you have an extra room in your house or an apartment you would like to turn into a source of income? If yes, then this post is for you. Below are steps on how to turn your space into a short let.
Create a plan for that space, whether it is going to be a studio apartment or just a room or a two-bedroom.
- Renovate space, fix up the toilet, the room, the tiles and furniture so it looks presentable.
- Upgrade the decor of that space, including fancy centrepieces, simple lights and if possible consult an interior decorator.
- Hire a staff that would handle cleaning and laundry either at a token or as a complimentary service.
Hire a contact person or a space agent to avoid having your number online.
- In case your space does not come with a kitchen, have a catering service vendor or a staff that can cook on demand.
- In terms of pricing, you would have to research via a booking platform on how much a shortlet similar to your space goes for at your current location.
It is best to set your short let’s price to something slightly lower than the standard price to build a customer base and also have a discount price.
- List your space on a booking platform to increase the number of potential customers who see it and also ensure to keep a digital calendar to manage the bookings and the dates available,