When it comes to marketing your event you have so much to think about. You think about your audience and how to get the word out to the public. You want as many people to attend as possible to come to your event especially if its a paid event and you want to avoid making mistakes which is why you need to look at your marketing strategy with a positive and respectful attitude.
- The first factor of marketing an event successfully is to get the word out: You will want to think about hanging flyers, using social media, or by the word of mouth. You can use all of the different ways or just a few. In this present age where people spend most of the time on their phone sending snaps and surfing facebook, social media stands atop most other forms of marketing. You can also use word of mouth marketing which is the cheapest and most viral(where friends tell their friends), along with some flyers (not many) and the radio airwaves. You can get most of the publicity for free if it is a non-profit organization event.
- The second factor how you market: You can market your event by using some emotional factors. This is easier for non-profit organizations where the event requires donations. An examples is a Children Sickle cell marketing march where the children can carry placards and march on the streets where they’ll get maximum visibility.If you do that you are using emotional triggers to make someone feel bad enough to at least donate, if not attend the diner. Depending on the type of event it is, you can use different emotions for different things.
- The third factor to keep in mind is getting the right people involved: If you can get a local celebrity (Wizkid, Olamide) to help back the benefit or show up at the event, then you are more than likely to get a good turn out. You can get a local athlete from a major league team, a politician, a local news anchor, or anyone who has a huge influence on the community.
- The fourth way to market your event is to use tactics to get a big crowd: If you can get a person with a lot of pull to come to an event, they will encourage others to come. This influence can be because they share the same political party, are friends, or business associates.
- The fifth way to market your event is to make it look like an exciting party: Have a TV commercial to explain what it is and why you are having the event. You may want to show previous years of the event and how well they turned out. No one wants to go to a boring event.
- Get your event in the papers: If you can get the newspaper to donate or write an article about your event, you have just gotten free publicity, which is the best publicity. You can try writing an helpful article to the general public which would show your event and why it is best for people to attend.This would be helpful to the public and also bring some needed credibility to your event
- Location! Location! Location! You will want to make it located in a part of the city (Lekki ,Ikoyi ,Victoria island) that is easy to get to and that many people will want to drive to. You can make your event more attractive if its located in a very choice part of town.This alone would make your event seem more important and make sure people would want to attend. An Example is Landmark event center in Victoria Island, which is a very choice location for your event and would ensure that people who hear about it would want to be in attendance.
- Lastly, you should always use respect in your ads: Never discriminate based on sex, race, or even education. If you want a good turn out, you should market it to the public and state the attire of the event, as well as other information so that the whole community and neighbouring communities can join in the event activities. The way that you market your event will determine how many people show up for the event and how much you benefit from throwing the party.